Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Dodge Magnum RT v8 5.7ltr- Emission Table on Torque App is ready but Test..

More
4 years 8 months ago #32108 by hacerz
Hi,

I see the torque emission table is ready all complete (To table-this is not my data in the second table)

But from what i know you got to check the "Test Results" section of the app to see if all the monitors are working and says "OK" rather than "Not OK"

so the table shows all complete but when I do the test results, it shows "EGR bank 1" as 'NOT OK' and Evap monitor bank 1 as 'NOT OK', for some reason it has EVAP monitors twice showing up for same bank 1.(different parameters though). Anyways the issue is its showing 'EGR and EVA monitors not OK.

which i think is not letting the pass the emission for sure. initially i had p0138 and p0137 codes which are High voltage and low voltage for bank-1 o2 sensor below the catalyst. not sure why it shows low and high at the same time but now after clearing and driving for days i don't see them coming back but what has not changed is those monitors not getting ready.

what do you think the problem is the o2 sensor itself? but no codes now.

Note: there is another table in the torque app-"Current driving cycle status", it also Image . almost similar which has two incomplete , O2 sensor and O2 sensor heater. which are green on emission status table.

Please let me know.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32120 by hacerz

More
4 years 8 months ago #32169 by hacerz
Does anybody know why the EVAP and EGR monitors are not getting ready even without any codes now...was p0137 and p0138 at the same time before but no codes showing now...but still...

More
4 years 8 months ago #32170 by tim.smith1
is there a reason you are concerned about this?

More
4 years 8 months ago #32191 by hacerz
emission failed hence no registration. only 1 month left to register but before that emission should be passed..

More
4 years 8 months ago #32215 by PDM
How far have you driven since the codes were cleared? It looks like they just haven't completed yet.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32235 by hacerz
like 80-90 miles. from my previous experience. they should be ok by now..2 years back i had bad catalysts p0420, changed it and drove like 20 miles may be and they are done..

the emission cycle on torque is complete but the test results section of torque app shows them red...(images above)

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #32274 by Andy.MacFadyen
It might be worth seeing what another app such as OBD Car Doctor Pro shows ---- I don't rate torque as a diagnostic tool.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32283 by Tyler

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: It might be worth seeing what another app such as OBD Car Doctor Pro shows ---- I don't rate torque as a diagnostic tool.

True statement.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32291 by PDM
Agree. I came here to say that I'm not trusting what torque is showing you.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32650 by hacerz
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was trusting torque because when i got the car i had P0420 catalyst problem so I changed to a new catalyst and when i used torque app, all monitors for emission were green as it is now but also the TEST results section in Torque app were all green including evap monitor and EGR monitor for bank 1,

but at last went ahead to the testing since there were no P0137 and p0138 this time as they were there when i went the first time for emission like a month ago.

so seems like you are right even though the Test results were showing EGR, AVAP no ok but the emission section were all green before and now. and there were no check engine lights this time. I thought torque test results are wrong since it might not have some parameters even though it was all green when i first bought the car. may be its because i changed the computer like 6 months before..

But finally ignoring those red, i passed the emission, seems like there should not be any pending codes or check engine light ON to pass emission and the torque emission table should all be green then you are good to go.

thank you guys. it clicked me when u say dont trust, else i would have just went to mechanic to spend my money..

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds