Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 MB GLK250 Diesel

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31948 by Alfa_Sam
I am working on the wife's car, started having issues last fall, some how we turned on the James Bond smoke screen mode, burning massive amounts of DEF, a little smoke all the time and a lot under heavy throttle. Dealer had for the most of 4 months, replaced what ever the computer told them, they finally punted and replaced everything in the emission system on their dime. This worked for about 8 months, but on the way back from vacation, getting on the interstate she blew an intercooler hose, lost boost but was able to make it back home about 120 miles with no CEL. I replaced the hose, but 20 miles later the CEL is on with code P229 and P2201, both followed by E1. Up stream and down stream NOx sensors. I bought a Launch X431 Pro Mini and can read and clear the code, but they come back on in about 10 miles. But research says that i need to have the computer relearn the NOx sensors. I have found a tab under the SCR (selective catalytic reduction (n118/5)) that is labeled resetting the adaptation values of the NOx sensors, but it gives me instructions to a different screen i can't find. "Perform Teach-in process "resetting the adaptation values of the NOx sensors" in control unit "cdi" - to do so, select tab "adaptation" and call up menu item " teach-in process" "

Problem is there is no cdi tab, but I do have an ecm tab and no adaptation tab, but the there is a teach in tab, but only for oxygen sensors and not NOx sensors.

Any thoughts?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Alfa_Sam. Reason: Spell check

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #40707 by mdeiman
Replied by mdeiman on topic 2014 MB GLK250 Diesel
Did you manage to solve this issue with your x431 pro mini?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds