Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Help me understand this wiring diagram.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #31863 by LucionZ31
So I have an 06 Kia Sorento.

What I'm trying to figure out is why my condenser fan runs for a little while, then shuts off when the A/c isn't on, but the blower motor is running. I.e. when I have the heat running, the condenser fan kicks on and off.

I'm decent with understanding wiring diagrams on simple circuits, and I watch SD often. Most of what I understand is thanks to SD.

I really just want to know if this is what it was designed to do, or if I should be looking for a fault somewhere.

If you know off the top of your head, an SD video that will help me. Feel free to just link that.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by LucionZ31.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #31866 by PDM
What that diagram doesn’t tell you is if or when the ecu is commanding fan 2 on and off.

It’s normal operation for fan 2 to not run all the time. It should always come on with the a/c on

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #31867 by PDM
Here is something similar

[youtube]Sqh43UudqaI[/Youtube]
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by PDM.

More
4 years 10 months ago #31875 by LucionZ31
Thank you for the quick reply.

I will dig up that Honda Odyssey video. It was showing at first, but after I got home the link isn't correct atm.

Do you think the A/C wiring diagram would show the Ecu commanding fan 2? I have access to pro-demand, so I can pull up pretty much all wiring diagrams.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds