Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Intake Control P0028 Code Subaru Outback

More
4 years 9 months ago #31751 by chrisR4335
My 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i has the problem described in Paul's YouTube video regarding P0028 and P0082 fault codes. Under load, and acceleration, engine hesitates badly and loses power. I have had TWO different shops replace BOTH solenoids TWICE, at a cost of almost a grand! Pressure Switch replaced once. Code comes back immediately after repair. Engine oil has always been clean and never ran low. I'm at a point where I would like to find a mechanic sophisticated enough to diagnose this properly. Can anyone recommend a Subaru mechanic with electronic abilities like Paul's? Location: Colorado Springs, CO. Help, please. I'm sick of wasting money on this problem and not having cruise control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31756 by PDM
What shops did you go to?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31771 by Tyler
If you're willing to get your hands dirty, we can help you though diagnosing it yourself. :cheer:

P0028 reads like a timing range/performance code, while P0082 describes a solenoid circuit code. P0082 is gonna be the code to follow first.

Any recent repairs, aside from the solenoids?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31850 by chrisR4335
"Saaburu" in Colorado Springs, CO (where I bought the car) and Cascade Subaru Repair in Cascade, CO

More
4 years 9 months ago #31851 by chrisR4335
No other repairs to address those codes. Just solenoid replacement twice. I've watched the video on testing the system and it's way too complicated for me. Would rather find a shop that can diagnose properly.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds