Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2017 Ford f150 XL rear brakes wear horribly uneven

More
4 years 9 months ago #31572 by Mitchroberson
Ok so this is a one owner truck. With only 50k miles. The rear passenger side brake pad. The one on the inside were all the way down and tore up the rotor. The outside pad was same thickness as new pad.
And drivers side pads were evenly worn but again just small amount compared to new pads.
Has any heard of this I have been told it is because of traction control. But not sure I believe it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31575 by PDM
The caliper pins are seized in the bracket. The caliper should move somewhat freely in the bracket. Check out South Main Auto Youtube channel. He has a lot of great brake job videos

More
4 years 9 months ago #31581 by Mitchroberson
Pins came right out. Looked great and moved with out issue. I checked the electric break motor and it seems to work fine. So not sure what caused it yet.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31588 by Andy.MacFadyen
While it usually the caliper pins it is more than possible the pad it self is jamming in its' guide slots.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 9 months ago #31591 by PDM
Yep. Did the pads come out easily? You shouldn’t have to force them out.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31593 by Tyler
Did the piston compress easily after retracting the parking brake motor?

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds