Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Toyota Corolla blower motor issue

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31509 by joshuamal
I have a customer bringing his vehicle in with blower motor issues, apparently sometimes it doesn't works, i need an electrical diagram for the entire system from the starting power source and any inputs you may have.
this is the customer statement, it will work on various speeds for a few minutes then stops. it has been making a grinding noise for about a month.

By the way, how difficult will this replacement be? it has no automatic controls. Should I replace resistor as well?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by joshuamal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31520 by Paul6004
The fact that it makes a grinding noise suggest you simply have a mechanical issue with the motor and need to replace it - no wiring diagram necessary...

More
4 years 8 months ago #31547 by Tyler
Grinding noise? :huh: I'm inclined to agree with Paul, sounds like the bearings in the fan are going out. Or, there's debris in the fan blades.

Replace the resistor if you want? I find that Toyota products usually don't suffer from the blower circuit problems of domestic vehicles. Most 'Yotas go their whole lives with the original blower motor and resistor/controller. Take care not to use cheap aftermarket parts, if possible. You're more likely to install a problem.

Whatever you do, bring a cabin filter, too. It'll be right in your face, and it's good HVAC maintenance if you haven't replaced it recently.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42234 by jacobhencke
Agreed, there might be problems with bearings. Check out some variants on this Rolek site if you need high-quality ones. It helped me with the same issue, so it might be an option for its solution.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds