Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Strange Electrical Problem

More
4 years 8 months ago #31455 by robbie.simmons
Hello everyone, I have a 1994 Chevy Camaro z28 that is having issues it seems with its electrical system. It tends the throw random codes dealing with electrical. Anything from torque converter clutch voltage to injectors or coils. It’s been a very frustrating three years dealing with this thing but now it’s gotten to the point that I’m scared to drive it because I’m scared it may leave me stranded...again. I’ve come to the conclusion that it could be a ground wire loose or damaged somewhere and it’s confusing the PCM. The last time it left me stranded I ran home and got my scanner and it had a total of 33 codes, all dealing with electrical voltage problems. The only modes done to the car that is a 24x conversion kit through torqhead, full exhaust and a cai. Any help is appreciated and to be honest I’m at a lost here everyone. I honestly don’t know where to look.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31456 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Strange Electrical Problem
Have you checked powers/grounds at the pcm? It says internal fault. Might need a new pcm or that one refurbished. I’d start checking the powers/grounds. P0200 are you missing power at the injectors when it doesn’t start??

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31458 by Andy.MacFadyen
A PCM ground issue was my first also, check for green crusties, you might also want to consider adding a local ground.

As Paul keeps reminding us powers and grounds.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31521 by Paul6004
Replied by Paul6004 on topic Strange Electrical Problem
We had an Audi with various "short circuit" faults for just about every engine component. The wiring diagram showed that they were all supplied by the same relay[and fuse]. Long story short, the fuse had burn marks on one side, it wasn't making proper contact which had the ECU assuming that there was a short circuit on all of those components because the voltage was dropping so low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31528 by Andy.MacFadyen
Might be worth checking the alternator connections I have seen an intermittent arcing connection on the alternator B+ cause similar.

Like paul6004 I have encountered similar issues on. (VW group cars !) due to fuses.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds