Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1987 Jeep YJ 4.0 Swap No Injector Pulse

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31434 by Taylorc23
Hello! I have been stumped on this issue for the last couple of months now, I have a 1987 YJ and am doing a 4.0/AW4 swap out of a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I grabbed the entire engine bay wiring harness as well as the TCU and ECU. I have my basic wires to fire spliced in according to every 4.0 forum I have read. tHere is a video of the exact same swap with the exact same donor functioning correctly, seemingly wired the exact same way I have my setup. I have had the ECU reprogrammed to remove the SKIM immobilizer, as well as replaced the crankshaft position sensor. The Jeep was running before the engine was pulled, original harness has NOT been spliced into, or thinned it is all original just tapped into the YJ harness as the wiring write ups suggest. The Jeep will run on starter fluid but there is no injector pulse, and the ASD relay is not functioning correctly. Have now tried 3 ecu's, ohm'ed out all of my grounds and still no avail. I have an OBD2 port wired up but only get a link error. I can't wire up the gauge cluster I don't have which I assume is why the diagnostics doesn't work..According to my diagrams the one wire I'm missing goes to the Cluster .. If I can't figure it out soon I plan on pulling the entire harness again and going with a Holley Sniper TBI, any experience with that? If I do go to the Holley TBI and decide to keep my AW4, how do I go about removing the TCU from the main harness? What can I keep and what should I remove from the harness to keep it as clean as possible? I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, I am 19 and have been building this Jeep for the last four years, only to find that once it is all together and painted, I have a very pretty paper weight that I cannot get to start for the life of me. Have replaced all relays, checked all fuses. I'm stumped.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Taylorc23.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31439 by tim.smith1
Not sure I can help with this but I will try. Have you tried to message the person that did the swap on YouTube video of not that would be the best place to start. Second I would talk to the company that did the delete on the Ani theft to see if you can verify that that is working properly. Third can you scan it and if so what if any are the codes?

More
4 years 8 months ago #31645 by Cheryl
Can you post a wiring diagram?? Of the asd relay??

More
4 years 8 months ago #31649 by tim.smith1

Cheryl wrote: Can you post a wiring diagram?? Of the asd relay??

not sure who you are asking or what you need?

More
4 years 8 months ago #31658 by Cheryl
The original thread says the asd relay isn’t functioning and on Chrysler the asd is responsible for a ton of things. I want to see if he’s missing a power feed or control from the pan to the relay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim.smith1

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds