Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 Ford F150 5.4 EATC module issur

More
4 years 8 months ago #31161 by Dave101
Hey guys-
Got called into a weird one today. 04 F150 5.4L with new air condition system. New compressor, new lines, new cycling switch, new pressure switch etc. etc. So hooked up and got no usable codes. Jumped the a/c relay and clutch engages. Got all input to the relay except the ground from the PCM to engage the clutch. Tested the pressure switch and cycling switch and have the power through both going to PCM. Looked at live data and found the a/c switch, fan switch and defrost switch read not pressed on the scan tool. Pressed the a/c switch on the EATC head and noticed the scan tool reads it as pushed for a few seconds then switches back to not pressed. Crazy right? Found out also the PCM on this vehicle had been replaced before I got there as well. I ruled out the sun load switch as well as the in car temp switch. Performed the EATC self diagnostic test with no results as well. Does anyone else have any other ideas????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31170 by Cheryl
Those pods make sense to me. I’ve seen it on other fords. Try holding the button down and check scan data it probably will say pressed as long as your holding it. Secondly have you checked the wire from the pcm to the relay for an open?? Also does it have an ac compressor pid in the data?

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31180 by jreardon
Reading the clutch relay operation it takes engine condition input from coolant temp, engine rpm and TPS. Are those okay? No option to force a/c clutch to engage from scanner? Maybe some bozo jumped relay control pins, ugh... Maybe intermittent power on pin 19 PCM?, just jumper power there to simplify circuit.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by jreardon.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds