Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Murano Low Power no codes (fixed)

More
4 years 10 months ago #31057 by Tutti57
Customer complaint - Vehicle will not accelerate up hills.

Fohnd no codes ao looked at fuel trims. Total trim about +9 and +10 at idle with some improvement with RPM. Road test showed low power with heavy throttle application but ran fine with light throttle and idle.

I was surprised to find huge tears in the intake boot after the MAF. With numbers this low and low power like it it, it seemed weird.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #31058 by Tyler
That is weird. :blink: Did it run lean at WOT? A torn intake boot would definitely not have been my first guess. :silly:

Is the dealer now throwing diags at you?

More
4 years 10 months ago #31130 by Tutti57
I didn't have the scan tool with me on the road test so I'm not sure. Apparently its super common. 2 others this week with the same symptoms.

Yes, they are giving me some good stuff now! It looks like they are going to let me replace the engine in an Armada that I found had a low compression misfire.

Does anyone have any experience with Nissan's Alfa PID? A few people have given me a hard for using obd2 fuel trims instead of that one. I'm assuming it's just a calculation off the fuel trims or AF sensor itself?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
4 years 10 months ago #31135 by Tyler
Nice. B) Glad to hear they're giving you the fun stuff.

Alpha's are Nissan-ese for short term trims, based on the upstream sensor just like always. Long term trims are usually called Self Learn, or Self Learn Control. It's not found in the usual data list, so you usually have to go digging for it. :silly:

Newer models have A/F ADJ 1/2, which I'm guessing is part of their downstream fuel control strategy. SI that I've looked for doesn't give you much. :silly: I'd be interested to hear if any of the dealer training sheds some light on these PIDs.

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...el-trim.html?start=0

More
4 years 10 months ago #31140 by Tutti57
Ok. I'll see if I can find some o line modules that go over it.

Nissan Technician - ASE Master Tech

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds