Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7

More
4 years 10 months ago #31048 by Zapataj84
Need help with my 97 Chevrolet Tahoe code popping up is cam/crank coroaltion, but changed crank sensor already an still nothing, mechanic also changed spider injectors, cap and rotor, coil pack, all ignition related sensors so if anyone can help with this I'd be grateful thanks, email me at zapatajose08@gmail.com
Or call me at 936-414-9914

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #31053 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7
For our info, what code are you getting, exactly? P1345?

Has anyone used the CMP Retard scan data PID to set distributor timing? If not, that's your next step. It's very likely that the distributor didn't get timed correctly at one point, OR the teeth are worn off the distributor shaft and should be replaced. Either way, a scan tool with access to OEM data will be needed.

This SD video explains perfectly:

More
4 years 10 months ago #31055 by Zapataj84
Replied by Zapataj84 on topic 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7
Yes it has that code, was told that it was retarded like 30 degrees so they changed out distributor cap and shaft, and the timing chain also but it still doing the same wont start at all

More
4 years 9 months ago #31056 by Tyler
No start with the CMP Retard at 30 degrees? :huh: It's probably off a lot more than 30 degrees, then - I believe 30 degrees is the maximum reading that PID can display.

What was the timeline of symptoms and parts replaced, exactly? Was it always a no start? Or did that occur after a specific part replacement or service?

At this point, I'd have to guess that the gear on your new distributor was installed 180 degrees out. :silly: That'd explain the no start and the P1345.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31062 by Zapataj84
It was running fine then it started sputtering and backfiring an it would take like 30 min to turn on, so that's when they changed that stuff out and now it doesn't turn on at all

More
4 years 9 months ago #31063 by Tyler
Gotcha, thank you.

Do you have the truck, or is it still at the shop?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31083 by Zapataj84
It still at the shop

More
4 years 9 months ago #31351 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7
Sounds like the shop got the Bazooka out and said screw the parts cannon. All the stuff they replaced and it still don’t run? I’d be making sure they’re eating some of the labor. Incompetence on their part maybe?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31379 by Tyler

Zapataj84 wrote: It still at the shop

Then maybe you could gently suggest to them that they warranty their distributor? Or at the very least, verify spark timing with a timing light, if they haven't already.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31441 by tim.smith1
Replied by tim.smith1 on topic 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7
This timing must be set up with a capable scan tool if it is not it will always have that code and yes I would have them warranty the distributor and make sure they are installing a quality part a timing light is not able to set this timing because there are no timing marks

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds