Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No start 1995 Celica 2.2

More
4 years 10 months ago #30592 by Jack Flash
1995 celica 2.2l GT no spark. I can make the coil spark from the white wire at the igniter or the yellow wire at the dist. The customer has bought two distributors and two different igniters all act the same. I have had the car running but dies after a few mins and then will sometimes start but mostly not. The tach is not bouncing when not starting, and the times I had it running the tach would fall drastically when the car started to die after only a few mins of running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30596 by chief eaglebear
hi sir not super experienced but what your describing is classic c rank signal cutting out I cannot get anything on bbb so it helps us to put diagram up for quik reference and help with that circuit

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30599 by jreardon
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by jreardon.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30600 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic No start 1995 Celica 2.2
Check if control signal from computer on IGT wire is present at the igniter (backprobed), if not there during cranking then check it again at the computer. If not there check the cam crank signals coming out of distributor to computer.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30605 by John Curtis
Is it no spark and no fuel at the same time?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30617 by Jack Flash
Replied by Jack Flash on topic No start 1995 Celica 2.2
I have Injector signal at the injector(gas smell when cranking). No signal at the igniter white wire when cranking, I do have signal at ecm from cam and crank sensors. Where i am confused is I can make the coil fire from the yellow wire (NE) at the distributor connector which would usually indicate that the ecm is telling the igniter to fire.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30620 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic No start 1995 Celica 2.2

Jack Flash wrote: No signal at the igniter white wire when cranking

Is there a signal at the white wire backprobed at the computer? Or simply try to make it spark with a test light at the computer harness. I'm thinking bad wire somewhere.

edit: nevermind, your test "I can make the coil fire from the yellow wire" means white wire is fine.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30621 by John Curtis
From the above information I think I would check the cam gears with an inspection camera.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by John Curtis.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30625 by Jack Flash
Thanks everyone for the responses, John Curtis I had the car running at one point, ran good, after a few mins it died, several attempts to restart it restarted and it did the same, died after a few mins. At that point I thought I was loosing the signal from the distributor because the tach would fall right before it died. so, I had the owner swap the dist under warranty and since then I haven't been able to get it restarted. I guess the real question is ... does anyone here think I am dealing with a bad ecm?

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30627 by John Curtis
Since you smell gas, I don’t think you have an input problem. It sounds like an output problem. The computer commands the ignition and the ignitor commands the coil. The system uses IGF as your confirmation which I think is pull-down.

Since the tach isn’t bouncing while you’re cranking I think you should verify wiring integrity between ecm and igt.

Test for voltage at igt and ground at ecu while cranking. Write down your findings and see if it’s within spec.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by John Curtis.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30629 by Jack Flash
IGT has 6.0 volts while cranking at ECM and at igniter, and the e01 and e02 circuit (wht/blk) at ECM has .32v while cranking , grounded when not cranking using a power probe to test. what is the specs?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Jack Flash.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30643 by John Curtis
IGT should be 1V-4.5V

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds