Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

01 Honda Accord EX P01739

More
4 years 10 months ago #30433 by Eli
Hey Guys,
I've got an 01 accord with a p01739 code. This seems to correlate to the 3rd clutch pressure switch. I disconnected the switch and checked for battery voltage from the BLU/WHT wire coming from pin # B24 to ground KOEO according to the snap on troubleshooter. I'm getting 5 volts. I then located the same wire at the PCM, and i still get 5 volts. Is this a 5v volt reference voltage and have I missed something? I'm including the wiring diagram snap on included with my software. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Elijah
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30434 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic 01 Honda Accord EX P01739
Hi Eli.

It seems to be a 5v ref for an internal microcontroller unit (mcu) digital input pin.

When pressure switch is open, mcu receives 5v. When pressure switch is closed, mcu receives 0v.

It is ok if you read 5v when unplug switch or when there is not pressure.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by guafa.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30435 by Eli
Replied by Eli on topic 01 Honda Accord EX P01739
Hi,
Does this mean I can back probe it and shift it into 3rd gear and I should get 0v? I'm confused because my verus said it was 12v in the troubleshooter. I appreciate your quick response.
Thanks,
Elijah

More
4 years 10 months ago #30436 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic 01 Honda Accord EX P01739
Hi Eli.

Yes. You should get 0v (if pressure switch is ok and also if you have pressure).

I have never seen 12v in a mcu digital input. They usually work in 5v level or 3.3v
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eli

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 10 months ago #30443 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 01 Honda Accord EX P01739
There's a clue in the diagram, it shows a resistor internal to the control module on the control wire.
So it definitely won't be 12v.
You can't put all your faith in the Snap On troubleshooter. For as good as it is, It's got a good deal of misinformation

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eli

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds