Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

I have two OBD codes p0134 and p0082

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30424 by Bobob
I recently changed my oil pressure switch a few months ago. At first it was okay, but then the check engine light would come on then it would go off for a while then back on. I changed the oil and it seemed to be fine for a short while then back again... I suppose it could be a faulty switch but I decided to check the codes and found a series of p codes came up then more recently (today) only two: p0082 and p0134. Is it possible the p0082 is somehow affecting the p0134 issue, or do I have two different problems at the same time?
The car is a 2006 Subaru Impreza Outback sport... the name is longer than the car.

Thanks for your comments.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Bobob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30430 by cj1
P0082 can be related to oil pressure but P0134 is a separate problem.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30431 by Tyler
Definitely two different issues. I'd suggest clearing the codes and seeing which one comes back first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobob

More
4 years 10 months ago #30438 by Andy.MacFadyen
P0082 is a circuit fault code on bank 2 rather than performance fault code.

The P0134 is on bank 1 which makes it relatively unlikely they have a common cause.

For the P0082 I would start with visual checks on the wiring and connector and a resistance check on the solenoid.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 10 months ago #30543 by Bobob
Thank you for your thoughts. They are on different banks but what is confusing is that the check engine light sometimes completely turns off or clears. That can happen when I first start the car (or not) or while I'm driving around (especially on the highway), and then in five or ten minutes it comes back on. So if it is two different issues...they either clear simultaineously or something else (?) may be going on.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30544 by Bobob
Thank you for your thoughts. Yes they are different codes and on different banks but what is confusing is that the check engine light sometimes completely turns off or clears. That can happen when I first start the car (or not) or while I'm driving around (especially on the highway), and then in five or ten minutes it comes back on. So if it is two different issues...they either clear simultaineously or something else (?) may be going on.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30545 by Bobob

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: P0082 is a circuit fault code on bank 2 rather than performance fault code.

The P0134 is on bank 1 which makes it relatively unlikely they have a common cause.

For the P0082 I would start with visual checks on the wiring and connector and a resistance check on the solenoid.

Thanks. Yes they are on different banks but what is confusing is that the check engine light sometimes completely turns off or clears. That can happen when I first start the car (or not) or while I'm driving around (especially on the highway), and then in five or ten minutes it comes back on. So if it is two different issues...they either clear simultaineously or something else (?) may be going on.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30546 by cj1
Start with fixing P0134 and see if P0082 clears or not.
Error codes will set/clear/reset as the PCM/engine parameters dictate.
Nothing unusual about that.

Freeze frame data for the particular error code can help id why/when.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30560 by Tyler
Agree with cj1, not unusual for the CEL to come and go depending on when the issue is happening.

Also, while the engine itself has two banks, there's only one upstream air/fuel ratio sensor. ;)

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds