Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Output shutdown ETC?

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30352 by Deltron
Output shutdown ETC? was created by Deltron
So today I was working on a tow in, 2016 Impreza. Complaint is CEL and sluggish.

Codes are TPS B low voltage and TPS correlation. I verified with graphed pids. Pedal A & B both sweep good, TPS A moves if you manually actuate the throttle while monitoring the voltage or pid. TPS B is dead and doesn't do squat from its 0.3v starting position.

Where I'm getting lost here is that the throttle did not respond to any pedal position. I have 6 wires, I was expecting to find a solid ground, a 5v, two signals, a 12v and a pwm ground. I did not find the 12v or the pwm ground. Those 2 wires the volt meter just jumped around like empty leads.

Is the PCM shutting off throttle control while it detects an active TPS fault? This car surge idled its way into my bay, the throttle body does not open at all with pedal command.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Deltron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30353 by Deltron
Replied by Deltron on topic Output shutdown ETC?
The more I think about it, the more I realize that's probably the intended design for safety. Guess I was expecting a bit less intense of a failure strategy.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Deltron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds