Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 Isuzu NPR Tail Lights

More
4 years 10 months ago #30350 by HarryL
First of all, I love this community. I have been a member for a short time, but I am glad I found it.

I am still a newbie, so please forgive me. I am trying to wire the tail lights on a 97 Isuzu NPR with a V8 5.7 350 engine. The issue I am having is that I have 1 wire that combines the turn signal and stop light and I am not sure how to split the signal as they are going to separate bulbs. I have a dedicated bulb for the turn signal, and a separate bulb for the brake lights.

The setup is the rectangular 3 lens fixture that has the reverse light(clear) , tail and brake light (red), and turn signal (amber).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30364 by chief eaglebear
brake light circuit and turn signal may have power available when you hit the switch maybe break light switch is out can you put up a schematic I imagine turn signal switch is on combination switch
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by chief eaglebear.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30368 by HarryL
Replied by HarryL on topic 1997 Isuzu NPR Tail Lights
Thank you for the reply chief eaglebear. I have attached the wiring diagram. I have highlighted in yellow the wires I am referring. From the stoplight switch, it goes into the flasher unit where it looks like it combines the turn signal and stoplight and comes out as 1 wire carrying both signals.
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #30370 by chief eaglebear
maybe check your grounds and then backprobe flasher unit while hitting switch and or brake to determine if flasher is working

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds