Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Acura MDX starter

More
4 years 11 months ago #30163 by Motorhead
I was wondering if anyone could help me here, I need to remove the transmission dipstick tube in order to change a starter on a 2007 MDX, and looking for any help. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #30172 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2007 Acura MDX starter
No offense meant here, but are you sure the dipstick tube needs to come out? :huh: If I remember correctly, it should just slide up past the tube and the EGR valve once all the electrical connections are loose.

If you still needing to remove the tube, take the mounting bolt loose and gently twist the tube back and forth while applying penetrating oil to where the tube slides into the transmission. There's no retainer for the tube other than the mounting bolt, so it's usually just a matter of getting it to break loose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motorhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds