Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 volkswagen beetle 1.8 turbo rough idle

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #30138 by overdrive138
I have a rough running misfiring vw beetle at idle, it does run smoother at higher rpms. I fixed a few vacuum leaks at the intake tube, checked coils , injectors, fuel pressure , and maf all chk out good. I ran the throttle body reset in my verus also. I also had a boost re circulation code so i back probed both terminals at solenoid and had 12volts on both sides at idle plugged in so it wasnt getting grounded by the pcm. from my understanding of the system in the service manual one side is suppose to be 0v on the control side to pcm and the other is 12v . also when the plug is unplugged the driver/control ground side reads 5 to 6 volts . when i actuate the solenoid threw my verus the solenoid clicks ? any ideas ? lmk thx
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by overdrive138.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #30146 by Andy.MacFadyen
Roughness at low rpm often points to either to an inlet leak or a valve or compression issue. As you seem to covered the inlet side .
.Have you done a compression test ?

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 11 months ago #30154 by Landroverman1958
As i just replied in other thread,check the crankcase breather,these Cars prone to lean conditions ,difficult to remove oil filler cap,,,,,,

More
4 years 11 months ago #30156 by overdrive138
Havent done any compression tests yet the car cranks over at a steady rhythm doesnt seem to have low compression. I dont own a smoke machine but i have been spraying carb cleaner to find leak. I'll be cleaning the throttle body next . U guys have any ideas on the 6v found on the control wire from pcm ? Thx

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds