Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Intermittent misfires

More
4 years 11 months ago #29932 by Bryanb
Intermittent misfires was created by Bryanb
I have a 2009 dodge nitro, 3.7 with 112k miles. Sometimes while on the highway under light acceleration the engine will randomly misfire. No check engine lights come on when this happens and it doesnt always happen. Any suggestions on were to start looking for this misfire? Plugs have about 5k miles on them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29938 by eliteautosolution
Are you sure it’s missing? Watch scan data for torque converter clutch slip. I think there’s also data counters for misfires for each cylinder. If not you can use mode 6 under generic in your scan tool.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29974 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Intermittent misfires

eliteautosolution wrote: Are you sure it’s missing? Watch scan data for torque converter clutch slip. I think there’s also data counters for misfires for each cylinder. If not you can use mode 6 under generic in your scan tool.

Agreed, this sounds like a torque converter clutch chatter.

Check the transmission fluid level and add if needed.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds