Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2009 murano passenger front window notworking from master switch

More
4 years 11 months ago #29858 by cheryl hartkorn
im looking at the wiring diagram and see there is only one wire from the master switch that goes to the passenger switch. i used serive information and tested that line with a scope. had 2 channels hooked up and the communication looks exactly the same on master switch vs passenger switch. no data pids in scanner to see if bcm recognized the switch was being pressed. tried doing bi directional test to roll down windows with scanner but none had the function autel launch snap on. must only be an option on the factory scanner. so im about to just throw a master switch in it and see. what testing do you reccomend? from looking at a diagram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29864 by Andy.MacFadyen
Some of these switches can be dismantled and cleaned

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 11 months ago #29881 by Chad
It looks like M119 Pin 132 (GRN) on the BCM is a communication line between BOTH switches? And, M118 Pin 2 (GRY) is power to the switches. Do you have Power on Pin 10 of the Passenger switch?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 11 months ago #29897 by cheryl hartkorn
yes i have power at the passenger switch. checked that. the window works from passenger switch but not master switch

More
4 years 11 months ago #29975 by Tyler
I actually just replaced a master switch in one of these for a battery draw issue. Switch wouldn't STFU and kept chattering on that LIN network hours after the key was out. :silly:

All the SI I could find says that line operates during the 'power window timer'. But that can't be, because the master switch HAS to be able to tell the passenger switch to roll the window down. :angry: They only share the retained power and the LIN.

It sure sounds to me like it's time for a master switch, if you haven't replaced it already. Around ~$100 from the dealer.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds