Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mercedes Benz C Class C240

More
4 years 11 months ago #29624 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic Mercedes Benz C Class C240
The only starting circuit diagram for 2002 year has that clutch switch. I don't have diagram for automatic.

I can't follow the proper sequence of signals from looking at the starting circuit on where the signal should be going to to energize the starter relay. I'm used to older cars where I can see a diagram with ignition switch drawn but yours is probably utilizing the CAN bus (I think).

You mentioned no power on fuse 58 but I can't find fuse 58 (something to do with transmission) in the power distribution diagram. I don't know what the "DI Control Module" is, in that starting circuit diagram, nor can I find a complete diagram of it. The theory and operation section describes the ignition, not the starting circuit, so I'm lost again.

You mention the fan turns on at key on. Can you describe any other odd symptoms?

The 2003 model year has a diagram for automatic starting circuit: imgur.com/a/zebclbp
Notice in that one how one wire to starter relay control goes to an ME-SFI CONTROL MODULE?

On your car, are those two wires are going to the SAM module, or going to two separate module, like in 2003 year model?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29638 by Loney911
Replied by Loney911 on topic Mercedes Benz C Class C240
Main Problem
Won’t crank

Odd symptoms
*Fan runs when ignition on
* wiper not working but Fuse is ok and have power

Electric Fault
Fuse box under the Hood
*Fuse 52 (Start enable) has no power
*Starting relay won’t energize (no ground power in pin)
* Fuse 58 (transmission electronic? has no power.

Scan tool fault
SRS
Transmission

More
4 years 11 months ago #29654 by Loney911

jreardon wrote: The only starting circuit diagram for 2002 year has that clutch switch. I don't have diagram for automatic.

I can't follow the proper sequence of signals from looking at the starting circuit on where the signal should be going to to energize the starter relay. I'm used to older cars where I can see a diagram with ignition switch drawn but yours is probably utilizing the CAN bus (I think).

You mentioned no power on fuse 58 but I can't find fuse 58 (something to do with transmission) in the power distribution diagram. I don't know what the "DI Control Module" is, in that starting circuit diagram, nor can I find a complete diagram of it. The theory and operation section describes the ignition, not the starting circuit, so I'm lost again.

You mention the fan turns on at key on. Can you describe any other odd symptoms?

The 2003 model year has a diagram for automatic starting circuit: imgur.com/a/zebclbp
Notice in that one how one wire to starter relay control goes to an ME-SFI CONTROL MODULE?

On your car, are those two wires are going to the SAM module, or going to two separate module, like in 2003 year model?

This is fault found from scanning tools
Initial scanning faults are shown in red color when complete scanning I was check fault detail and it says stored or current and store when clear DTCs all fault is completed
But second scan samething is happen
Reality is won't clear DTCs

More
4 years 11 months ago #29655 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic Mercedes Benz C Class C240
That's alot of codes. I think you should check for excessive voltage drop at the computer power feed as evident from "Terminal 30 Undervoltage" and your odd symptom of fan running at key on. I think terminal 30 means pin 30 connector 5 at your engine computer. Check your inbox.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29776 by Loney911

jreardon wrote: That's alot of codes. I think you should check for excessive voltage drop at the computer power feed as evident from "Terminal 30 Undervoltage" and your odd symptom of fan running at key on. I think terminal 30 means pin 30 connector 5 at your engine computer. Check your inbox.

Pls check your inbox
Connector 5 have power
RED have Power
RED/BLUE have Power

More
4 years 11 months ago #30048 by Loney911
Fuel Pressure Sensor won’t get reference voltage 5
Pls check inbox
Attachments:

More
3 months 1 week ago #64210 by pinman94.abear
I have similar issue with voltage at plug 5 red/blue wire is only getting 2.3v. red/ violet is getting 12v with key in the on position

More
3 months 1 week ago #64211 by pinman94.abear
I have similar issue with voltage at plug 5 red/blue wire is only getting 2.3v. red/ violet is getting 12v with key in the on position.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds