Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Honda Civic 2017 - Millimeter Wave Radar Programming request

More
4 years 11 months ago #29520 by forumoto
I need some suggestion into this thread please. I have to replace the millimeter wave radar in front of the car, right at the grill. I belief it would need to be program before the system can work because this is not a plug and play device.. and I want some article on how to match this to the car already existing ECUs which demand this unit to be match before they can begin to communicate..

I look forward to read from someone soon, as to how to do this with either oem tool or whatever

Christ De Way Maker
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29570 by CurrentDraw
The tools (targets, strings, attachments, stands, HDS) required for this job are very costly but at least Honda/Acura does sell them to the general public. You can buy everything except the HDS from your local Honda parts store. My experience with calibration was at Acura using the factory HDS system. Very time consuming and may require to be done more than once. Once you complete the static radar calibration, some models will also require/prompt you to complete a dynamic radar calibration which will have to be done on the highway. I have attached all the directions and part numbers on your 17 civic.

I know Autel offers the ADAS system which can be had for only $20,700 :) for the complete calibration package on many makes/models. I have no experience on how well it works.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by CurrentDraw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Andy.MacFadyen, forumoto, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29651 by forumoto
Thank you very much for the information shared but it is rather unfortunate that they are all screen print capture images therefore difficult to read, why don’t you use the little printer icon at the top right corner and print each screen into xps file format and share or into pdf and share it by zipping the total print save.

I also have the Honda HDS device and the software running on laptop but I just want to know the steps involve in installing the radar via the HDs because I can’t see no speicjal function for it

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by forumoto.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29740 by CurrentDraw
The radar aiming function can be found under DRIVING SUPPORT MENU, then go into ADJUSTMENT.

I tried reloading all the files (Pages 1-13). If you still have a difficult time seeing it, message me and I can email them to you.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, forumoto, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 11 months ago #29784 by forumoto
This car is 2017 CRV, came without radar at the front, I mean missing, caution lites in the IC are just like Christmas tree, when scan vehicle, it’s complaining of lost communication to radar or Milliwave, now both used and new one were install yet there is caution light still and lost communication, this is the reason why I said is there a way to marry this unit to other modules so that they will know , and stop complaining of lost communication

Christ De Way Maker

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29857 by CurrentDraw
Let's shift our attention to the F-CAN B lines which consists of 2 bus wires (F-can B Low GRN & F-can B High YEL). Check each one for short/open/high resistance. Use 2 jumper wires and run them directly from radar to the CAN gateway, check to see if radar unit is back online.

Note* F-can B Low GRN changes to BLU color at CAN gateway.

Also perform an ALL DTC test on your HDS to test if any of the following F-CAN B bus components are having a no comm issue;
SRS unit
Audio/Navi unit
Multipurpose Camera unit (windshield)
Electric Brake booster unit

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by CurrentDraw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto, aboudi.naddaf, Thusithasam

More
4 years 11 months ago #29870 by Dtnel
You both must work for dealerships? This new ADAS stuff is just another obstacle and priced out of range for the average aftermarket shop unless they Do body work. So my question is if Honda, Toyota, GM, Hyundai all have this will it mean a 20k machine for each brand?

The Autel option seems odd because as we all know their scan tools are hit and miss meaning I've scanned with a Zeus and then a TS-608 and just for a general code scan on a early 2k Ford ranger 2wd pickup was given completely different codes and the ones on the Autel were definitely more than the Zeus scan and a lot of the Autel ones were related codes but some just didn't make sense.

I've heard Autel regardless of region brand are reverse engineered and also don't Do as much rigorous testing as the brands that have been around awhile.

I did recently purchase a Bosch ADS-625 with tpms as the Autel had it and honestly I haven't really used the Autel at all since getting the Bosch. The Bosch tpms tool, it's a OTC tpms tool that pairs up. After learning thar Bosch makes the OTC it didn't surprise me though.

I love the technical stuff such as ADAS but not enough to the point of spending another 20k on new tech that's still in it's early infancy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 11 months ago #29917 by forumoto
The codes in there state that, multipurpose camera cannot see the millimeter wave, EPS is also complaining of same, in fact many module are coming of can’t communicate, but when I go into integrated module, I get an error like unmatch Radar, if I unplugged the radar this code will disappear

Christ De Way Maker

More
4 years 11 months ago #29923 by eliteautosolution
IF you have a Autel Maxisys Elite with ADAS addons, you can perform these repairs
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 10 months ago #30358 by forumoto
I have installed a new Milliwave Radar now and it is throwing code: P2583-54 - aiming incomplete, now I have my hds , must I follow the steps mentioned , I have the ACC , LKAS light still on, would this light goes on when I am able to complete the Aiming processing?

Christ De Way Maker

More
4 years 10 months ago #30611 by Dtnel
I've seen Snap-On added ADAS for updates to the Zeus. Bosch has did this as well to a degree with the ADS625. MY understanding is with these types of calibration etc is that it's dynamic calibration meaning that instead of doing a static sitting still in a shop which also with static I've read you need a fair amount of floor space so dynamic is the way to go. Have you experienced this and if so can quite a bit be done dynamic wise where you don't have to invest in the very expensive static hardware, signs, visual aids, etc but instead you'll spend some time driving to do the calibration??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

More
4 years 6 months ago #34472 by anagi313907
Hello Current Draw i currently have a 2019 honda civic lx and wanted to know if i can also have those directions to re aim emailed to me because i have to reset my millimeter wave radar because i took it off the car and need to put it back id really appreciate it. Email: nagiassem@gmail.com
Thank You,
Assem

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds