Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Toyota Corolla S 59K recommended fuel treatment.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29341 by Dtnel
As it says above I'm looking for the best recommended fuel cleaning for the listed vehicle.

Son had his car in at the Toyota dealer the other day and they recommended a fuel injection system service and cleaning. They also recommended bleed the brakes and change the fluid out which I have a pressure bleeder that you hand pump.

I also have the OTC fuel system cleaner like you can use on the Tahoe and many other vehicles as well with the GM fuel system treatment by disabling the fuel pump and hooking a shop Air Supply to the tool to push the cleaner into the fuel rail.

I did a little digging online and seen that Toyota has their own recommended fuel system treatmentso I'm trying to figure out what do you guys who do this stuff day in and day out at shops professionally recommend yourselves?

I want something that has a proven track record.

I'm sure besides swinging by and picking up the parts with an hour of my time I can get all of this done and Save probably $200 in labor.

Atwood pay for this month's shopkey Pro subscription and half of next month's as well.

Always trying to save that next dollar.

I did just change the fuel tank on my daughter's o4 Hyundai Santa Fe so I probably saved a couple more months of that subscription as well between the savings on parts and the savings on labor but I do have some other things I have to do on that Bandit the exhaust broke apart right behind the catalytic converter of all places but I think a coupler and a $20 bill and some welding from my friend I'll get it taken care of and he gets lunch for one or two days.

We used to weld on semi trucks and trailers and gas tankers and propane tankers and do frame extensions and all that stuff back in the mid-90s.

Any and all great comments are greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29344 by Andy.MacFadyen
As far as I can see the chemicals used in gasoline injector cleaners are pretty much the same. The other thing is your dealer suggesting something to deal with a problem or just trying to make a profit selling a service ?
I reality unless there is an actuall isue causing a misfire I would simply run a tank full or two double or triple dosed of cleaner through then dose once a month.

As to brake system fluid change, you may find issues with seized or broken bleed nipples. Fluid changing has two objectives, the first is to remove absorbed water moisture from the system. The other is to get metallic particles and other material (mainly rubber ) out of the system. Because normal brake fluids are extremely hydroscopic any fluid entering the system will be absorbed and spread through all the fluid, so you want change as much of the fluid as possble without running into problems that require new parts.

The key thing to avoid issues don't drain the system completely, start by removing as much fluid as possible from the resevoir using a turkey baster or similar.
Fiiting new brake pads reduces the volume of fluid in the system. The main problem issue you are likely to encounter are seized or broken bleed nipples.
To avoid problems don't start by draining the system instead reduce the volume of fluid syphon out as much fluid from the resevoir as possible before you start.
You can also reduce the fluid volume by fittng new brake pads.
If you encounter a seized or broken nipple don't worry too much, any moisture in one leg the system will be shared back through the system.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

More
4 years 11 months ago #29358 by Tyler
The shop I'm currently working at uses the full line of BG products, including fuel system services. Something like this is what I'd use on your Corolla:

www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-sys...ion-chamber-cleaner/

Throw in some kind of intake cleaning service too, if you like, but you'd have to go buy the sprayer that sits in front of the throttle body. :unsure: Anything in an aerosol can or gets sucked in through a vacuum hose is smoke and mirrors, IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

More
4 years 11 months ago #29663 by Dtnel
Thanks Tyler! Ill check that out. There's so much stuff out there anymore you have to be careful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

More
4 years 11 months ago #29665 by Tyler
Let me know what you end up going with! :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds