Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Envoy cylinder 2 miss

More
5 years 52 minutes ago #28939 by Tutti57
Working on a big ticket and thought I was done and now there is a cylinder 2 misfire.

No change with the following tests, swapped coils a cylinder, swapped plugs a cylinder, power balance test. Compression test shows that cylinder is low, 165 vs the others over 200. Leak down test is not showing any loss though. How is that possible?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28940 by vinnyAudi
Maybe a long shot.... But.. my leak down tester came with a hose used for compression testers and not leak down testers... Just saying. Showed 0 loss

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 11 months ago #28941 by Tutti57
Not a long shot. I realized that during my lunch break. Thanks! The air fitting wasn't deep enough, wrong style.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28963 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:2006 Envoy cylinder 2 miss
You're sure you got the Schrader valve out of the leak down hose, right? 'Cause otherwise it'll tell you everything is fine and dandy. :lol: I gotta ask - my coworker borrowed my hose set and leak down tester, didn't realize the valve was in, and it sent him down the wrong path.

Any other engine repairs? Wondering if it's got a piece of carbon on a valve, which might clear up after a hard test drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
4 years 11 months ago #29036 by Tutti57
I'm thinking it's carbon too. This happened after a fuel induction service. The leak is at the intake valve.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29245 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:2006 Envoy cylinder 2 miss
Any progress with this one? Hoping everything cleared up after a test drive. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
4 years 11 months ago #29247 by Tutti57
Good question. Nope, it's in the shop right now. I'm working on a few other things right now but a little bit of updated information is that it runs great until it starts to warm up, then the missing starts.

It's about 60psi less than the other cylinders and leaking out of the intake for sure.

I'm wondering if something is cracked. Fortunately the customer doesn't need it asap and is just getting it ready for her son to drive. The bad part (for her) is that I've already done like $3500 work of repairs to it! I'm sure we will eat whatever repairs need to be made to make this right since it started in our hands.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds