Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan Versa

More
5 years 3 days ago #28919 by Kendy
Nissan Versa was created by Kendy
I have a 2007 Nissan Versa hr15 engine with cvt transmission that does not fire on coils one and three. I have tested continuity on the signal wire back to the ecm and it’s checks out okay. The coils also gets a power and ground. Want to be a 100% sure its a bad ecm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 days ago #28925 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic Nissan Versa
does that have an ignitor circuit

More
5 years 3 days ago #28926 by Kendy
Replied by Kendy on topic Nissan Versa
It's coil over plug type. I'm not sure what u mean by ur question

More
5 years 2 days ago #28929 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Nissan Versa
Do the not firing coils get an activation signal from the ecu? Did you check for a short to ground on these same wires that carry the trigger signals from the ecm to the coil?

Igniter is the term for a dedicated ignition module, it is that part that does the primary switching/control and in some cases provides feedback to the ecm about wether an ignition event took place successfully or not.

Technically your 3 wire COP integrates the igniter within the coil itself.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
5 years 1 day ago #28956 by Kendy
The not fires coils don’t get an activation signal from the ecu I have narrowed it down to the ecu being faulty but it’s hard to get an ecu in my country so you know which part of the ecu I should replace?

More
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #28958 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Nissan Versa
A picture of the ecu's internals would be helpful as well as a picture of the sticker or theecu identifier data...

You can track the terminal pins back - where the trigger signal leaves the ecu -on the pcb and you'll get to the component that's at charge. Probably it will be an IC and not distinct transistors.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by juergen.scholl.

More
5 years 1 day ago #28961 by Kendy
Attachments:

More
4 years 11 months ago #29088 by Kendy
Can you please point out to me which components might be at fault for not firing coils 1 and 3.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds