Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Ford F150 Bank 1(1,2,3 and 4 cylinders dead)

More
5 years 11 hours ago #28836 by Blessie@123
Hi guys need some help on Ford F150 2007 flex fuel 5.4lts. Bank 1 is dead missed. Can any body help with crank and cams waveform. So far i did test for bank 1 cylinders missed by doing cylinder drop test and confirm that bank 1 is dead. I checked the VCT solenoid on bank 1 and confirm functional as i ground the control wire and there was a tone change the way the engine runs so that tells me that solenoid isn’t stuck. I also took the O2 sensor bank 1/1 and and still dead on bank 1. I was thinking to check for crank and cam sensors signal waveform is my next move. Anybody has a good known wave (cam/crank sensors) form for this particular truck or anybody has idea what to look for. By the way the crank sound test does not sound uniform or good at all. Please i need some input guys. And also i can smell fuel badly and my bank 1 O2 sensor 1 is stuck rich so that tells me that injectors are not intentionally shutting down due to missfires and constantly flooding that CAT. Also I created a vacuum leak and found that all O2’s went very lean so that tells me that O2 sensors are not lying. That is all i got on this truck for now. I’m still thinking that VCT solenoid as i have fault codes PO022 and P0011 and no code for miss fire. I appreciate your help guys. Thank U

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 hours ago #28838 by John Curtis
I'll included a diagnostics tree if it helps.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:

More
5 years 10 hours ago - 5 years 10 hours ago #28839 by John Curtis
Here it is. Hopefully this helps.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 hours ago by John Curtis.

More
5 years 8 hours ago #28843 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds