Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank no start

More
5 years 1 week ago #28766 by 20chamilton
Crank no start was created by 20chamilton
1997 jeep grand Cherokee lerado 4.0L getting fuel but no spark. We brought the jeep into the shop at our high school to get it to run. It ran yesterday while in auto class but Lost all fuel pressure and spark after we shut it off. Today while looking at it we got fuel pressure again but no spark. We got a new ign. coil and spark plug wires previously. The check engine light haven't come on yet. I watch your videos and am lost for a direction to go for this fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #28767 by Gandy911
Replied by Gandy911 on topic Crank no start
check the crank position sensor signal, i had the exact same jeep with the same symptoms and I was lost when trying to figure it out, I never lost fuel pressure though just spark and no engine light came on. but when i went to check my crank sensor signal it was obvious what was wrong, it had corroded in half.

More
5 years 1 week ago #28771 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Crank no start
What type of scan tool are you using? Do you have the ability to watch CAM and CRANK data PIDS on the scan tool? I know this model offers those parameters.
Tell us what they show you during cranking.
Fuel pressure/Fuel pump is controlled during initial key on (prime), then then pump will NOT be turned on again until there is an RPM signal.
This sounds like you may have an input problem (cam and or crank).

Don't be a parts changer!

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds