ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Ford Fairmont seat memory module

• Desmond6004
  • Desmond6004's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
16 Apr 2019 00:04 #28738 by Desmond6004
2007 Ford Fairmont seat memory module was created by Desmond6004
I'n not sure how widespread these are, New Zealand gets some weird models. 2007 Ford Fairmont Ghia BF.
Some mechanics had a go at this seat. All the up and down and tilt controls work - forward and reverse don't.
When you press forward it jumps backward a step. If you press backward it jumps forward a step.
I found a site that mentions a test procedure with "beep" codes. here . I can't get any beeps out of it but there is a light that flashes on the seat switch itself.
2...3........2...3......2..3. Code 23 is either "lost contact with right mirror" for the mirror controls or "no track motor sensor" which makes more sense.
I can imagine that if the sensor isn't picking up that it is over the rail it would jump backwards each time to try to find that metal plate.
Also there is a 2 wire "sensor" around the metal plate that I would imagine defines the limits of how far it can travel. I connected the oscilloscope
and there is no feed on either of the two wires. But the wiring diagram I found shows that sensor going to the BCM, not the seat memory module
built in under the seat. I can also see those wires going out the side harness from the seat.
The fact that they have nothing on them according to the scope suggests to me this is the reason we have a problem.
But then I'm wondering if that means we have a problem at the BCM and why on earth doesn't it just go into the seat memory module?

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.623 seconds