Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

NISSAN ALTIMA 2003 IDLE PROBLE

More
5 years 6 hours ago #28717 by francisco1984
HI GUYS I HAVE A PROBLEM WHIT A NISSAN ALTIMA 03 THE PROBLEM IS THE IDLE IS UP AND DOWN MY FRIEND CHANGE THE TROTTLEBODY AND CRANK SENSOR SINCE HE FOUND IS THE MOST COMMON REPAIRS BUT AFTER THE PARTS INSTALLED AND THE IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE THE CAR IS ACT IN THE SAME WAY .
I TEST DRIVE THE CAR BUT WHEN IS IN GEAR IDLE IS PERFECT AND NORMAL NO MISSFIRING OR ENGINE SHAKING

THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 hours ago #28725 by cheryl hartkorn
check the air intake boot for it being split
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
5 years 4 hours ago #28728 by francisco1984
All good intake tube no vacuum leaks fuel pressure is good Maf sensor signal is good I wonder if is any other sensor or output can mess the idle. Thank you

More
5 years 3 hours ago #28732 by Tyler
The only other inputs to check would be the coolant temp sensor (for rationality), the power steering pressure switch (make sure it changes state when spinning the wheel), and the air conditioning (make sure it's off when doing the IAVL). Any of these 'sticking' on can screw with the relearn.

This PDF can help to clarify which inputs to check for idle issues:

File Attachment:

File Name: NTB05-067.pdf
File Size:502 KB

Using a scan tool for the IAVL? Try another one if available. Don't forget to unplug injectors if needed to get the idle speed down. If all else fails, use the manual procedure. This is from a Sentra manual, but the procedure is the same:

www.nisentra.com/idle_air_volume_learning-510.html

Remember, the manual procedure ends when you shut the key off after starting the engine and idling for 20 seconds. Then, restart the engine and check for issues.
Attachments:

More
5 years 42 minutes ago #28736 by francisco1984
I remember when the car was seat overnight and start in the morning I see the coolant gauge go to normal in like one minute thanks for you reply

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds