Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 dodge ram 1500 parking lights

More
5 years 6 days ago #28641 by mrmrxman
I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 with parking light problem. Parking lights in front of the truck all work an do light up, as for the rear of the truck only the passenger side is on the driver's side are not. I do have brakes an turn signal lights both sides. I put new bulbs in an a new circuit board an still no parking lights on the driver's side, fuses are good relays are good so I am just lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 days ago #28646 by John Curtis
Sounds like an open circuit. Check for power and ground in the bulb connector with a volt meter.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
5 years 6 days ago #28650 by cheryl hartkorn
maybe try swapping the tail light asseblies from side to side? if your not comfortable troubleshooting just yet.

More
5 years 6 days ago #28655 by Chad
Does the left License Plate light work?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
5 years 6 days ago #28660 by mrmrxman
The answer to the driver side license plate is no it does not work, but the passenger side does

More
5 years 6 days ago #28661 by Chad
What about the FRONT left marker light? If it doesn't work, Check for power at FUSE 34 (10 amp). If it does work, verify that you have no power at PIN 1 (PNK/VIO wire) at the tail light assembly. The only thing left to do is find the bad spot in the wire.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #28673 by Andy.MacFadyen
You are going to have to start looking for an open it is going to be either a bad splice, corroded connector or a broken wire.
To do that I work in a a definite order initially try not to disturb the wiring or connectors, work with the circuit switched on keep a check on the lamps in case you inadvertently re-make the connection without identifying where the break is.
(1) Examination of connectors for signs of corrosion.
(2) Quick visual looking especially in places where there is movement that could give strain on on the wire or chaffing. green corrosion. At this stage try no to disturb the wiring.
(3) Use a tungsten test light connected to ground and and a wire piercing probe and work using a divide and conquer method. Start by testing at one end of the wire close to the connector or splice , then go to the other end do the same , then test somewhere in the middle. Doing this you should be able to identify roughly where the break is. You can repeat the process by piercing another point in the suspect section of wire to further narrow down where the break lies.
After fixing the break re-seal any holes you made in the wiring --- if you don't have liquid insulating tape you can use 2 part epoxy glue or silicone sealer and tape over

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 days ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 5 days ago #28674 by Andy.MacFadyen
There are a couple of videos that might help you I will try to find them in the interim look at this one

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds