Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Jeep Renegade CAN bus info needed

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #28416 by phoneman85
I am trying to find info on the bus systems and or modules present in a '16 Jeep Renegade trailhawk with the 2.4 engine.
I would like to see if my Ethos Tech can access all modules, and I'm also just wanting to learn about the car's tech. (yep, I'm a nerd)

I can find this info for our other car, but not the newer Renegade. (found a full workshop manual for free for a Nissan!) What I'm looking for is a diagram that shows the modules, and what bus they are on, as well as how it all connects. or if that's not available, a list of the modules would work.

Really surprised that after posting this on 4 Jeep forums I get no replies. This car is supposedly similar to the Fiat 500X, its also the first Jeep made in Italy, so a diagram for a 500X might be similar?

Someone surely has access to this info, I would be grateful for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #28418 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #28419 by phoneman85
Thank you! That's what I needed! Surprised how the architecture differs from the pre FCA cars the diagrams I was finding were for. Looks like my tool does access all modules.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by phoneman85.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31038 by felip3
Could you get a bus systems and or modules present in a 19' Jeep Renegade with paddle shifts (gear shift)?

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31039 by Andy.MacFadyen
You want to get yourself a copy of Fiat multiecuscan it covers the Renagade and is not expensive uses a cheap KKL 16 pin VAG adaptor and runs on Windows.I have used on the related Fiat Panda and it works on all modules on that car.

Link to Fiat MultiECUscan website

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31040 by felip3
I just need the wiring diagram...

More
4 years 9 months ago #31067 by chief eaglebear
scanner danner has some awesome vids on scannerdannerpremium on can bus diagnostics

More
4 years 8 months ago #32008 by Ed Salermo
Simeone please get Paddle shift works considering PCD model? Bought new steering wheel with paddle but it doesnt work

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds