Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

O2's reading lean. Wiring problem?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #28327 by ScannerDanner
Do Tyler's suggested test again but do a second gear pull from stop. Why? To give your potentially slow scan data parameters time to update. (You'll be able to hold it at WOT longer)

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #28336 by ajherrera58
@ScannerDanner

First I just want to say you and your channel are amazing, but I did just redo the test. The max I was able to read was 89% load. But one thing I did notice however is that when engine braking down a hill my O2 voltages were lower than usual at ~.05 v but I was able to bump them up to ~.35 v by just tapping the gas. I'm not sure if this helps with anything but just something I noticed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #28338 by ScannerDanner

ajherrera58 wrote: @ScannerDanner

First I just want to say you and your channel are amazing, but I did just redo the test. The max I was able to read was 89% load. But one thing I did notice however is that when engine braking down a hill my O2 voltages were lower than usual at ~.05 v but I was able to bump them up to ~.35 v by just tapping the gas. I'm not sure if this helps with anything but just something I noticed.

This is just a deceleration fuel cut strategy. Injectors are actually turned off during this period which is why your O2s drop so lean.
Thanks!

Don't be a parts changer!

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28398 by Tyler

ajherrera58 wrote: The max I was able to read was 89% load.

Nice. B) Good enough for me. The known good captures I have for the same engine show 95%, but that could be down to a data refresh rate issue like Paul was talking about. This makes me more confident in your new MAF and VE.

I was gonna suggest redoing your fuel pressure test with a new gauge, but then I went back and read this:

At idle my engine does bounce the revs, with it being the worst at startup or when just stopped at a light, the car will pretty much stall and bring itself back to life.

I know you already smoked this engine, but this screams vacuum leak. :unsure: Fuel pressure can do that, too, but your last test showed 55 PSI, which should be fine.

There's a crankcase breather hose on the front side of the engine block, covered by the intake, that rots through and collapses regularly. Should have showed up on the smoke test, but may have been obscured by the intake. It might be worth doing a visual on this hose before investing more time in a fuel pressure test.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28408 by ajherrera58
@Tyler

Thanks a lot I'll definitely have to re-smoke when I get back home, and I'll try to get a look at that hose. I've tried before but wasn't able to spot it. If I find anything I'll be sure to post.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds