Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Replace and reprograme a Body Control Unit

More
5 years 1 month ago #28098 by Bashar Londontech-UK
Dear Colleagues
I,m about to reprogramme a emplacement BCM-Body Control Unit on the following:
Vauxhall 2013 (GM-Europe), Model: Insignia, 2.0 Liter Diesel.
The original BCM was damaged due to water intrusion and I have the following constrains:
1) I can,t communicate with the BCM; was able to do with the ABS and Elect Power Steering.
2) I'm waiting the Vauxhall server/ Web site to send me the Unique vehicle security code.
3) I will use a second hand replacement BCM.
Has any colleague come across using the official GM server/ Web site (not an off line stored data) to reprogramme a BCM of somehow similar age; This one got the CAN gateway, so this BCM is the main network hub.
I know there are good degree of similarities between GM north America and that of Europe (and off course there are other differences). I have a rough understanding to select; Replace and program ECU in the SPS ; Service programming system.
The main concern is:
Can this work with a second hand BCM having a data related to the donor vehicle?
Bashar Alqasim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #28099 by juergen.scholl
If this happens to be a global A vehicle - and it very likely is - then a used bcm will not be an easy solution. Have a read:

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...bJx5KzCWHCAD1c3bIZip

If you had someone being able to virginize the "new" bcm then you could flash it.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
5 years 1 month ago #28101 by Tyler
Totally agree with juergen. Used Global A modules can be an expensive roll of the dice. :silly: Sometimes it works, sometimes you end up bricking other modules.

If this is a customers car, I'd recommending using a new module only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds