Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0158 Ho2s B2S2 High Voltage , P0430 Catalyst below threshold after repair

More
5 years 1 week ago #27879 by JUSTFIXIT
Hey MR.Scannerdanner , i have an 2005 Acura MDX 3.5 that im working on and it originally had P0430 and P0158 codes . I replace the B2 cat and the B2S2 o2 sensor but im still getting the P0158 code Circuit high voltage. I replaced it with the same o2 sensor it had but it still getting a high voltage reading at 1.43 volts. It should stay steady between 0.5 and 0.8 volts. Can you give me info on why im getting a high voltage . We used aftermarket cat(Davico) and NTK o2 sensor!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #27880 by guafa
Hi Justfixit.
Unplug O2 sensor and check for voltage in signal line. It should stay at 0.45v.
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by guafa.

More
5 years 1 week ago #27881 by Andy.MacFadyen
Examine the wiring harness for the sensor looking for a short between the sensor heater wire and the sensor signal wire. Although the damage could be anywhere between the sensor and engine computer where it is exposes to heat and engine vibration it is most common for the downstream wiring to suffer damage close to the sensor.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 1 week ago #27885 by Tyler
Definitely agree with Andy, it's time for some circuit integrity testing now. I'd start with voltage readings on all four O2 sensor wires, backprobed, key on engine off. P0158 is a very unusual code for Acura products, so I'm suspicious of wiring damage.

Just to be sure, you're replacing the front bank downstream O2, right? Radiator side of the engine. No insult meant - wouldn't be the first time I saw the wrong bank O2 changed. :silly:

Your NTK O2 sensor came with an OE style connector, right? No universal build-it-yourself garbage?

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds