Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Nissan Altima P0101

More
5 years 1 month ago #27840 by mas116m
I am working on a 2014 Nissan Altima with a P0101 MAF sensor range. No driveability issues.
I noticed that in the freeze frame data that code was set at idle with the engine warm.
I checked fuel trim and noticed a -10percent long term fuel trim at idle and +2 percent. As I increased RPM the fuel trim improved but was still negative at around 5 percent long positive 2 percent short.
I checked the air filter box and there was a big wad of some kind of lint in the inlet passage and the filter needed to be changed. I changed the filter and cleaned the inlet thinking I had the problem solved.
When I rescanned the car the idle fuel trim did not change. However the above idle went to -5 percent long trim and +4 percent short term which based on what I thought I knew I had done something by changing the air filter. I also noticed that the air flow rate from the MAF was slightly higher than before. which pointed me away from the MAF (maybe prematurely)
It bothered me that the idle fuel trim was still so negative but it was my brothers car and we were out of time so I told him to drive it and no surprise the code came back.
I checked the second time and there is a service bulletin on this car that says if it has an orange color PCV valve to replace it. If the PCV valve is black do not replace it. I am wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and what the difference is between the two PCV valves that would cause a P0101
The TSB also says that the computer may need to be reprogrammed. I just want to exhaust all options before I send him to Nissan to have to computer reprogrammed.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27876 by cj1
Replied by cj1 on topic 2014 Nissan Altima P0101
Can you post the MAF in g/s at idle and at 80% engine load?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27882 by Andy.MacFadyen
I suspect the engine is ignoring the MAF and running substituted default values. MAF sensors are very sensitive and are easily damaged also any change in the airflow pattern before or after the sensor throws the sensor calibration out. As suggested by Monde look at the MAF airflow numbers and also the data from MAP at key on engine off and at idle to see if the they are normal for your locations height above sea level.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 1 month ago #27900 by mas116m
Replied by mas116m on topic 2014 Nissan Altima P0101
Thank you for your suggestions.

I will try what was suggested above and go from there.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds