Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 nissan versa sv fuse 49 blows intermittently

More
5 years 1 month ago #27749 by cheryl hartkorn
having an issue here. came to as a no crank and can bus codes. found fuse for tcm blown. can talk to it now. fuse pops intermittently when going into reverse. when i could get it to act up where itd happen all the time i unplugged the trans range sensor and fuse stopped blowing. so i put in new sensor 4 days later doing it again. this time i cut the orange wire at pin 5 going to the reverse lights lasted 6 days. anybody seen this before. i might unplug every thing on that circuit and checkfor a short to ground. next time it happens i want to unplug the connector at the transmission solenoids see if the short goes away when its acting up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27754 by wacoeagle
do u have a wiring diagram u can post
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wacoeagle.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27755 by wacoeagle

More
5 years 1 month ago #27759 by cheryl hartkorn
think thats for the manual trans

More
5 years 1 month ago #27766 by wacoeagle
I wonder if the shifter being movedhas anything to do with it, like theres wires being pinched somewhere. if its blowing a fuse, its either a circuit overload by excessive amp draw or a direct short. you need to identify ALL wires in the circuit and physically trace them down.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27767 by wacoeagle
www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-datab...tem=10&docid=6681481

I wonder if you have water getting into the tailights and blowing the fuse.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wacoeagle.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27771 by cheryl hartkorn
checked those. even drove with both tail lights removed.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27782 by wacoeagle
sounds like you wiill have to start at the fuse, and find every wire that is on that circuit. draw with a highlighter on the wiring diagram.check each one for short to ground . it sounds like theres a wire rubbing to a ground somewhere. does it happen more when its damp outside or on bumpy roads?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27783 by wacoeagle
this is a heck of alot of stuff on a 10 amp circuit, looks like an engineering snafu..
49 10 Back-Up Lamp, BCM (Body Control Module), CVT Control System, Engine Control System, Intelligent Key System/Engine Start Function, NVIS, Power Distribution System, Navigation System, Starting System

More
5 years 1 month ago #27784 by wacoeagle
if every different system on that circuit were fused, you could see exactly where its happening ... . exactly what codes was it throwing,? what numbers.
what scanner are you using, can u access event data?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27785 by cheryl hartkorn
not throwing any codes. it just loses communication with the tcm then the gear shifter indicator disapears on the dash. when shut off it becomes a no crank. it hasnt blown this week yet.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27792 by wacoeagle
Was the part u replaced OEM? been hearing of alot of issues with electrical parts in the aftermarket not cutting the mustard. with a circuit that stacked, in sure there isnt much room for variances.
I dont understand how they can have the starter and transmission, on a 10 amp fuse, along with everything else. have u found where this circuit grounds? I believe a poor ground can cause an amperage spike

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #27917 by Paul6004
Water can't make anything short out! (it can cause corrosion however but certainly can't make a short)
Try fitting a "short light". Remove the fuse and wire up a headlight bulb bright beam circuit to it (the two furthest apart on the bulb), insert a wire in each side of the fuse holder MAKING SURE THEY CAN'T TOUCH! .
Your bulb becomes your fuse except it doesn't blow, it just goes bright when there is a short. if you're lucky and it stays bright when the short is there (it could go off as everything else loses power) you can trace the current using a clamp meter, or simply go and move things around and unplug things until it goes off - then you have located your short.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds