Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

electric gremlins?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27684 by slackware
electric gremlins? was created by slackware
'08 Buick Lacrosse. 3800 v6
power door locks WORK when putting in drive or park. But from key, or unlock switch pot luck, locking or unlocking. some will work, others don't.
At first I thought it was the extra voltage from engine running, but put in gear with car off, and they all locked, and unlocked when put back in park.
Would they put TWO separate power lines to the locks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27687 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic electric gremlins?
Maybe a bad ground?

A bad ground contact can cause electromagnetic noises on electronic modules.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27688 by cheryl hartkorn
Replied by cheryl hartkorn on topic electric gremlins?
any codes? the door switch is a module

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27765 by slackware
Replied by slackware on topic electric gremlins?
No codes.
But the wiring diagrams are at my library. So am pulling them together. Crazy setup, putting signal, ground, switches, connectors, and wire routing in separate places.
Haven't found the shifter control signal yet, since it works, the problem has to be from a branch after it, or it triggers something else to open and close the locks..
Switch is used for rear trunk release as a press and hold, and it opens the trunk, and I haven't found that wiring yet either. It all should go into the BCM at some point I would think.
Ohh, the alarm thinks it locked the doors. If you open it to press the door lock you set off the alarm.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by slackware. Reason: add symptom.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27797 by wacoeagle
Replied by wacoeagle on topic electric gremlins?
LOOK FOR relays..

More
5 years 1 month ago #27815 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic electric gremlins?
I'm just wondering if putting it in gear simply forces them all to lock regardless of their state while perhaps using the key or remote first checks that they are all closed properly and won't lock them if they don't show as latched - perhaps bad switches in the doors that don't lock?

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds