Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

New PCM not communicating

More
5 years 1 month ago #27652 by dusk1911
Hi Guys

So sometime back I had an issue with my 08 Ford explorer 4.0L. Turns out it was a PCM issue. So now I've ordered another PCM which just arrived. When. Hooking it to the car I cannot get any scan tool.to communicate with it. I contacted the seller and they said that I need to program the keys and do a parameters reset for it to start communicating. The question is can the PATS disable any communication to the PCM or will it only stop the car from starting ?

I'm trying to figure out if the new PCM is dead and needs replacing.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27653 by kostelectronics
Did you had communication before you replaced the ECU?
For the first: I don't think that the PATS will block the ECU communication. You Need communication anyways to program the fresh ECU.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27655 by cheryl hartkorn
ive never had a pats issue cause a no communication. thats from my experience

More
5 years 1 month ago #27656 by cheryl hartkorn
also check to seeifyou have a 5 volt reference at the tps sensor/ check engine light on the dash during key on engine off. have you checked the power/grounds at the dlc?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27658 by juergen.scholl
PATS will not disable comunication because of not being programmed.... How would you get the PATS to be programmed if it did not allow com???

Check powers and grounds for the pcm and communication lines as well. Do you have 5 volt reference? Did the old pcm communicate?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27677 by dusk1911
Replied by dusk1911 on topic New PCM not communicating
Thanks Guys. I thought so too. My old ECU communicates just fine, even a replacement non compatible one works too. Was just wanting to double check with the experts first.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds