Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

12 Mitsubishi Outlander issue

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #27564 by fahead32
I have a project car I got from the auction , a 12 Outlander 2.4 it was damaged in a front on accident and is not starting . I have replaced the Ecu because the temp sensor was reading -40 degs. and there was no power from the computer(check at computer harness) I have programmed the Vin and the Keys to the ECU. So the car would start for two seconds and quit .I have check fuel at the rail also check the injectors for the clicking (one bad) but I figure that would not stop it from running . I would figure that it would run but poorly.
I checked for DTC's but the only code I get is a timeout code for the SRS unit
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #27578 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic 12 Mitsubishi Outlander issue
I don't know that car, but others which need to be reset after a crash. Maybe a crash switch or acelerometer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: diagDOG

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #27768 by diagDOG
The other poster that said check fuel safety cutoff is correct
also if you changed the ECU and get starting for a few seconds can very much be a symptom of ECU/Immobilisr mismatch or Immobiliser no comm
They will often allow a few seconds run..
Are you certain you programmed keys/immobiliser correctly

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #27802 by fahead32
sorry for the late response , I am sure it was done correctly because it gives a success message and it allows you to program the remote / keyless functions and both were completed . The key count also increases after programming

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #27814 by Desmond6004

fahead32 wrote: I checked for DTC's but the only code I get is a timeout code for the SRS unit
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed

Question: Since the SRS unit has the ability to tell the ECU to shut down when there is a crash could it actually be the SRS fault making the engine shut down?
Perhaps try disconnecting the SRS unit as a test.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Desmond6004.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds