Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 ford expedition 5.4 p0301

More
5 years 1 month ago #27496 by gerber
Hello guys. I need some help on this one... i got misfire on cylinder 1. Code p0301. . I did a compression test on cylinder 1 and 5
They both 150 psi. Like the other cylinders
Swap injector
Swap coil
Check injeror control with the power prove And they all the same
No vacuum leaks .
Maf sensor is new and good working conditions
What else can i check. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27498 by chief eaglebear
maybe a current wave of injectors to see if they are all working about the same

More
5 years 1 month ago #27499 by chief eaglebear

More
5 years 1 month ago #27500 by gerber
Well i just get back to the truck and hook the scanner. And now the code is on p0305. So i get a good coil swap it in. And boom its working like new. But im still confused. Because all the time was on p0301. And let it seat for 4 days. And now when i crank it. The new code pop. P0305. Thank you for the help

More
5 years 1 month ago #27648 by Rev Scott
Ford vehicles are notorious for setting misfire codes for the wrong cylinder. When I have a mystery misfire I try to get a “parade” of the coils using a current probe on a scope. You can do that much easier than scoping ign primary voltages. It’s great for narrowing the problem down to one cylinder.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds