Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Nissan rogue U1000

More
5 years 1 month ago #27227 by SakeenahMD
Hello guys
I have a no comm with the ECM
All other modules are talking
New battery
Security light stays on during crank (could be due to no comm?)
Try unplugging abs module, no change
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27230 by cheryl hartkorn
have you checked network resistance at pins 6 and 14 at the data link connectors?should see around 60 ohms. thatll tell you if you have good continuity of the network and wont have to worry about open communication lines. have you checked powers/grounds at the ecm?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27231 by SakeenahMD
Replied by SakeenahMD on topic 2008 Nissan rogue U1000
I'm not which wires are power and ground. If you have info please share. I'll check the resistance in the morning

More
5 years 1 month ago #27241 by Lewiwbryant
Replied by Lewiwbryant on topic 2008 Nissan rogue U1000
is the fan going flat out ? on the nissans when the ecm goes offline then the IPDM (intergrated power distribution module) turns the fan on flat out as it is unable to communicate with the ecm also the bcm needs to communicate with it to confirm the NATS ( nissan anti theft system) before engine start

if you get 60 ohms at the DLC at pins 6 and 14 then you need to check the ECM is being powered on so if you check the MAF or any sensor for 5v that will tell you if the ecm is actually powered on or not because if its not it wont supply the sensors with 5v then youll need to check powers and grounds to the ecu or you can just go straight to the ecu and check powers and grounds

also you should here a light buzzing noise in the engine bay when you turn the ignition on when the ecm is actually on, im in the uk and was working on a nissan qashqai a little while back with a u 1000 and it was a fuse within the IPDM that powers the ecm that had blown and i noticed as soon as i put a new fuse init there was a light buzzing in the engine bay and the fan stopped and i noticed its on all the nissans as i work on them alot being a nissan master tech haha hope this helps

More
5 years 1 month ago #27246 by SakeenahMD
Yes fans was always on so I unplugged them as to not drain the battery while doing my testing. I will check for 60 ohms resistance across those pins and also check for 5v reference.so far I haven't seen a dedicated fuse for the ECM. All fuses in the junction box are well and good. All fuses under the dash are also good. Where would the ECM fuse be located ? Do you have a pin out of the ECM to help me find power and ground?
Thank you that was great info indeed

More
5 years 1 month ago #27250 by SakeenahMD
Ok looking at diagrams I see fuse 62 20Amp in the ipdm powers the control and load side of the ecm relay. I know it is good cuz I checked all fuses yesterday. So now I have to go towards the relay to make sure it works. The ecm ground E21 is shared by the wiper motor, headlamp etc... It looked in good shape so I'm not leaning that way.
In on position I should have the ecm relay energized since the fuse is good and the ecm ground as well?

More
5 years 1 month ago #27298 by Lewiwbryant
Replied by Lewiwbryant on topic 2008 Nissan rogue U1000
what was you results from pin 6 and 14 and the 5v reference? as this will give you direction into either going after the can lines or ecu power and grounds, can you post the diagram your looking at ?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #27794 by Disallo2
Replied by Disallo2 on topic 2008 Nissan rogue U1000
You get anywhere with this? I am having the exact same issue on my 2010 Rogue. I was advised to change the ecm, which I got from Lkq. But it just does the same thing. Bunch of clicking and then the fans kick on high and it'll crank and crank, no fire. I also have a p0725 code on top of u1000. I've changed the crank position sensor (what a pain...) and still nuthin.

My problem started gradually. Sometimes I would get no crank no start, then it would crank but no start. I'd cycle the lock/unlock on the key and then it would start and it seemed fine. I read that this could be related to the transponder, and got rid of a key fob which seemed to resolve.

Then a few weeks ago it started doing the crank no fire thing when the weather warmed up (-5c from - 25c). The colder it was the better it seemed. I have a rad leak so wanted to change that out, but the engine bay was too full of snow due to a windstorm we had. I took it to the car wash to get the snow out, and since then it has done the crank no start thing and has not started since. I did use the car wash wand under the hood to remove the snow, albeit gingerly as I didn't want to get anything wet that doesnt like it.

Thoughts?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #27813 by fahead32
Replied by fahead32 on topic 2008 Nissan rogue U1000
Do a google search for Nissan FSM should give you the Nissan diagrams you need to check for power and grounds at ecm.
tttt://nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

More
5 years 3 days ago #28087 by Disallo2
OK update on my situation, though I guess I am kind of thread-jacking here. But the problem seemed very similar to the OPs.

Found a plug in the Fuse/Relay box near the front of the engine compartment with some corroded and broken wires. Fixed all of the ones I could see. The car now starts, although it takes a few extra cranks to start now. (unsure as to why)

I also have codes now. P0335 - Crank angle sensor, even though I put a new one in. Put the old one back in, same code. Also have a C1130 code on the ABS side, which is Engine Speed Signal, same sensor. The P0335 is listed as a 'Permanent' code.

Also have a P2101 - Throttle Control Actuator Circuit. But no performance issues or any problem with the throttle itself. This is now a 'Permanent' code as well, which I am unfamiliar with. How do you clear this code?

On the Crank Angle/Engine Speed sensor, can anyone point me at the right connector/plug and wire to inspect in the same area for damage? I've reviewed the FSM, but am at a loss. I am thinking connector E15, but most of the diagrams have no description listed, which I find odd.

Thanks for the help. And to the OP, sorry to thread jack, if this isn't the problem you were having, I can start my own! :)

More
4 years 11 months ago #28375 by Disallo2
OK so the course of action here will be to replace all of the corroded terminals in the offending plug. The plug that had the corroded wire was E15 (I think, the logic of the wiring schematics in this manual has escaped me), the blue wire which I believe is ECM power from IPDM at position 55.

The plug PN from the FSM is NS16FW-CS. It crosses to a TTI/Sumimoto 6098-6957. My question is, what terminals are compatible with this plug? My buddy can get the right crimping and installation tool from his work.

See link for pic of the offending plug:

photos.app.goo.gl/cbXweA1B1ufNX55T6

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds