Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Whinning noise when accelerating

More
5 years 1 month ago #27204 by hudarsono
My car is Ford Fiesta 2014 auto trans. for sometime now i hear whinning noise when accelerating. i tried to put tranny to neutral and rev, the whinning noise still there. it follows engine rpm, the higher the lounder.

it only happens before it reach operating temp, after the operating temp, whinning noise disappear. As note drive belt is new.

what surprise me is once it reach the operating temp, it disappear right away.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27215 by Tyler
This might be worth having a look at?

ford.oemdtc.com/TSB/14-0101.pdf

The TSB indicates a cold start, but doesn't say if the noise will go away when the engine reaches operating temperature.

If you can get the noise to happen at idle with the hood open, you might be able to narrow down where the noise is coming from.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27348 by wacoeagle
maybe wheel bearing going out, or cv axle and when it gets hot it quiets up some.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27456 by hudarsono

This might be worth having a look at?

ford.oemdtc.com/TSB/14-0101.pdf

The TSB indicates a cold start, but doesn't say if the noise will go away when the engine reaches operating temperature.

If you can get the noise to happen at idle with the hood open, you might be able to narrow down where the noise is coming from.

Thanks. I can hear the noise coming from area around the fan belt and pulley. I just replaced the fan belt, so I dont this the fanbelt. Still can't pin point the exact source.

maybe wheel bearing going out, or cv axle and when it gets hot it quiets up some.

I dont this its the wheel bearing as the noise still there when revving at Park position.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by hudarsono.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27467 by wacoeagle
can u take the belt off and start it. this will eliminate all pulleys.\ also make sure radio is turned to OFF. sometimes they can pick up noise and amplify it. it raises with engine speed..
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wacoeagle.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27468 by wacoeagle
im also wondering if your motor has timing chain plastic guides. sometimes they are noisy, if worn and when oil gets circullating they quite up.
a torque converter going bad can cause whining noise, and it spins all the time with the motor rpm. did u check transmission fluid?

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds