Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Pcm input needed for fuel pump two second prime

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #27142 by autojoe
No start no spark no injection pulses no fuel pressure. No two second prime. Can take a test light to battery positive and touch fuel pump control wire and fuel pump runs. All coils and injectors have 12 volts. No control. Had some rodent wire damage. Have battery voltage on wire from ignition switch to the pcm during run and crank position. All pcm powers and grounds are good. 5 volt ref good. What inputs is the pcm looking at to turn on the fuel pump relay for two seconds to prime the rail? I was thinking of the one wire that goes from ignition switch to the pcm. Anyone have any idea. Thanks in advance. Also did a crank sensor bypass test test light connected to battery positive and no response.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by autojoe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #27165 by chief eaglebear
hi guys depending on what you got believe you do need a crank signal (for fuel pump prime also)at computer if its a Chrysler or ford system I believe during cranking ecm is in charge and during run the icm will be in charge any moderators please set me right with this if I am wrong thanks !!!!!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by chief eaglebear.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #27166 by autojoe
There is a I believe orange wire from ignition switch to pcm that has battery voltage in run and crank position. How would the pcm know that the ignition was in the ON position to energize the fuel pump relay for two seconds to prime the rail. Also pcm needs to know when to energize pcm relay that provides battery voltage to injectors and coils.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by autojoe.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds