Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 chevy pick up 2500 8.1 engine no start

More
5 years 2 months ago #27116 by autojoe
No spark no injection pulses no fuel pressure. Crank but no start. Don't even have key on fuel pump prime. All coils and injectors have 12 volts. Had a p0230 code. No control on fuel pump but should have spark and injection pulses unless crank sensor problem but then should have koeo prime. All pcm powers and grounds are good and 5 volt ref is good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27118 by Tyler
Despite the lack of spark and injector pulse, I'd still be inclined to chase the P0230. Is it a hard code, or induced because someone was testing before you?

If you find no 12V from the PCM to the fuel pump relay, and no short to ground present (including the relay), then I think that'd be a red flag for the PCM.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27130 by autojoe
Thanks for reply. If test light is touched to control wire at pcm fuel pump will run. What input is the pcm looking for to activate the fuel pump for two second prime? Have battery voltage on orange wire to pcm from ignition switch during run and crank position.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27133 by autojoe
Also touch on and off on crank signal wire with test light connected to battery positive no response.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27158 by autojoe
Load side power ground good no control power at relay or at pcm koeo or cranking. If take a test light connected to battery positive and touch relay control wire at pcm fuel pump will run and pressurize the rail to 58 psi. Had code p0230. No injection pulses or spark. Battery voltage at all coils and all injectors. No bias voltage from pcm to relay with disconnected. All power and ground to pcm good 5 volt ref good. No start and no fuel pressure or koeo prime. Koeo and crank voltage to pcm from ignition switch.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27160 by autojoe
That's what I was thinking. I am never 100 % sure about pcm replacement. Thanks for reply. There was some wiring damage from Rodents that was repaired in connector by power distribution box in engine compartment.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds