Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.8 62TE transmission lost reverse gear

More
5 years 2 months ago #27081 by thegrandvoyager
hello, I have a 2008 3.8 Grand Voyager with 62TE transmission and just out of the blue the reverse gear quit on me. All forward gears change smoothly. I have checked the linkage and all seems to be working, it just will not go into reverse. I have just relocated the vehicle 1400 kl with no reverse yet it travelled perfectly in all forward gears
When I went to move the car today the CEL came on for the first time and gave me error code P2764. (TC clutch pressure control solenoid control circuit low) Wondering if one of the conditions relating to P2764 could result in the complete loss of the reverse gear? Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27117 by Tyler
The no reverse is the big red flag for me. :( This transmission has a manual valve body, and should default to third and reverse, even if the transmission is completely disconnected electrically. The only question I'd have would me to make sure that the shifter cable is correctly adjusted (if it's adjustable), and that the transmission range sensor is showing reverse when selected.

It might be worth disconnecting the wiring harness from the transmission, but I think the result will be the same. A problem with the low/reverse band, if I had to guess.

I don't see that the P2764 would be directly related to the no reverse issue. If it's a hard code, then I'd suggest testing out that circuit before proceeding with repairs for the reverse issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thegrandvoyager

More
5 years 2 months ago #27125 by thegrandvoyager
Thanks Tyler for your input and suggestions. I have checked the linkage and when I disconnect the wiring harness from the transmission it kills the ignition (won't even light up the instrument panel) I can only just feel the car give a slight "bump" when I select reverse but no amount of pressure on the gas pedal will get it to move an inch.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27126 by thegrandvoyager
Also, when I select reverse the reversing camera comes on thus eliminating a linkage problem

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds