Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Mazda 5 - Engine shut off, at idle

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #26919 by forumoto
This car came to me from another shop, with problem of engine shut off when you start it, sometime it will idle for 30 seconds and shut of but when you start it will start immediately.

Pcm and maf was replace but same
Issue..

With my person observation, I noticed that when you start and press the accelerator pedal for it to go above 1 rpm and hold it there, engine won’t shut off but as soon as you
Left go Off the pedal, the engine shut off..

Fault code report is P2006, intake runner stuck closer even though it is working when you start the engine, you see the actuator operate yet it says stuck closed..

When you keep starting the engine for a couple of times, due to the shut off, another code P2610 also appears.. but when you
Clear it goes but will only appear after several start attempt..

Now I need help as to what to tackle.. thank you

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by forumoto. Reason: Heading spell of engine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26934 by Tyler
I say ignore the P2006 for now. It's a common issue, and I've never seen or heard of it associated with a stalling concern. There's a TSB for it if you're interested:

File Attachment:

File Name: p2006tsb.pdf
File Size:339 KB

The P2610 is new to me. :ohmy: Something about the PCM engine off timer? I think I'd put that on the back burner until you have a better idea of what's causing the stall. I almost wonder if that code is getting caused by the repeated starting attempts.

I'd probably start with test lights on an injector control wire and an ignition coil control wire to see what you're losing when the stall occurs, especially those times when you can get it to run for 30ish seconds.

Another quick test you could do would be to see if it'll continue running on external fuel. If it does, that'd suggest a fuel delivery or fuel quality issue.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto, chief eaglebear

More
5 years 2 months ago #26953 by forumoto
As the engine shut off, immediately you start the car it start again, so this gave me the impression not to use external fuel spray into the intake. Because supposing it does not start at all, then using external propone gas to restart it would be needed

Christ De Way Maker

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds