Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 nissan pick up fuel dumping from exhuast

More
5 years 2 months ago #26870 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
I have this 04 Nissan pick up engine ka24e truck came in with a busted timing chain that was installed at another shop. This time customer wanted to rebuild engine after all done I have smoke coming from exhaust and fuel dumping from exhaust. I checked the injectors and the #2 was wired backwards at the plug. I don't know if it make a difference.What does make a difference is that on injector #2 with key on I have gnd n signal wire and on the rest no.Question here is this a bad ecm because with key off and test light to power it does not light, only with key on. Here are some pics of injector plug unplugged at time of test and also spot on ground of fuel leak. Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26872 by Tyler
So do I understand correctly that the white/blue wire is an injector control wire, and that it lights the test light steadily with the key on? :blink: If so, I'd agree with ECM problem.

To be clear, #2 is the only one that does this? Do the other injectors work correctly, or not at all?

You're getting all the problem Nissans these days, huh? :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
5 years 2 months ago #26886 by gilbert
God bless you my brother and sisters.
Yes Tyler that is correct the wht/blu is control others wire wht/blk is power. Also yes on that the only one that does this is the #2, #1#3#4 with key on test light to power it does not turn on.

LOL yes Nissan is keeping me busy I wasn't able to fix the sentra I failed the costomer:( :( :(

More
5 years 2 months ago #26890 by gilbert
Monde im sorry that I didn't mentioned this but I live in Mexico and if I say 04 in the USA it's a 97. At least that is the diagram I'm looking at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
5 years 2 months ago #26895 by juergen.scholl
Gilbert, saludos desde México tambien.

So if you get a permanent ground with key on engine off at the wh/bl wire and this wiire is not shorted to ground as indicated by the test light not lighting at key off, then yes, your ecu is suspect number 1.

Is the permanent ground present at this wire with the engine running as well? If so the injector is dumping fuel all the time.

To confirm this is your problem and there is no other problem regarding the excessive fuel you might want to cut the white/blue control wire of #2 injector and connect temporarily the end of it that is connected to the #2 injector - not the end that comes from the ecm and is shorted! - to the control wire of any other, normally working injector.

Saludos amigo, If you need more help you can pm me, in spanish.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, gilbert

More
5 years 2 months ago #26910 by Tyler

juergen.scholl wrote: To confirm this is your problem and there is no other problem regarding the excessive fuel you might want to cut the white/blue control wire of #2 injector and connect temporarily the end of it that is connected to the #2 injector - not the end that comes from the ecm and is shorted! - to the control wire of any other, normally working injector.

Slick idea. B)

gilbert wrote: LOL yes Nissan is keeping me busy I wasn't able to fix the sentra I failed the costomer:( :( :(

Ah don't worry sir, it happens to all of us! I just happened to have a Nissan 350Z kicking my ass all this week. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
5 years 2 months ago #26975 by gilbert
Monde I did as you asked disconnected the PCM and test light to batt. pos. test light didn't turn on only when PCM is connected and key on. Here or some pics also of #1 injector with key on.

First two pics is showing PCM disconnected injector #2 also disconnected test light to bat.pos and light does not light.

The third pic is PCM plugged in test light to bat. pos. injector #2 key on test light lights.

The fourth pic is the #1 injector key test light to bat. pos. test light doesn't light.

Now I have to tell the customer and see what he wants to do.
Thank you all for your help.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #26978 by Tyler
Gilbert, I dunno how you did it man, but you have the most beat up looking test light I've ever seen. :lol:

I meant it as a compliment - I usually mutilate or destroy most of mine before the plastic has a chance to show wear.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26979 by gilbert

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been crazy glued to many times brother.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds