Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 dodge ram 1500 5.7 will not start

More
5 years 2 months ago #26807 by ScottKenner
03 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Had a cam shaft sensor code thrown. I let the truck sit for about a month and now it will not start. If I turn the key to on position I get all lights and radio but as soon as I turn it to start everything goes out. I have tried to hook a scanner to it but I'm not getting any power to the obd port. I have checked all fuses and put two new batteries in it and it still does the same thing. Does any one have any idea what to try next. THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26808 by chief eaglebear
lol I thought that said scotty kilmer for a second I was like what !!??lol

More
5 years 2 months ago #26809 by chief eaglebear
maybe check for power at pin 16 but I would verify powers and grounds to ecm also check your 5 volt reference line or lines sounds like bad ground

More
5 years 2 months ago #26818 by ScottKenner
No cranking as soon as the key turns everything goes off. I have radio and interior lights no gauge lights with the key in on position but turn it to start it and everything goes out.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds