× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 trailblazer 4.2L abs or transfer case issue ?

• Matts Auto
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Feb 2019 10:24 #26737 by Matts Auto
we had a trailblazer dropped off today with complaint of abs light coming on, speedometer reading erratic & 4wd engaging on it's own. Checked codes in all modules & found c0237 in abs module & c0327 in transfer case module. Drove vehicle for over 30 miles in various scenerios & unable to get fault to occur. Customer states he had same problem 4 months ago & replaced both speed sensors on transfer case & was fine until now. The only thing that was noticed while driving & watching transfer case data is randomly the front propeller shaft rpm would read 5-600 rpm slower than the rear but no fault occured. Anyone run into this before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2019 13:12 #26738 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic 03 trailblazer 4.2L abs or transfer case issue ?
I would verify speed signal to transfer case (scope) and wiggle test going forward ll wires and connectors

• Tyler
  • Letting the magic smoke out since 2011
More
01 Feb 2019 13:38 #26739 by Tyler
I don't like the C0327 at all. I'd try watching the encoder motor signal while cycling through 4WD Hi and Low. See if you can catch it glitching or sticking. Been there, done that multiple times.

The going in and out of 4WD on its own is weird. :unsure: Only time I've seen that before is on an '06 Silverado, which ended up getting a reman transfer case. Excessive play in the shift fork allowed the fork to slide around on deceleration. You'd be in 2WD one moment, slow down for something, then be in 4WD! :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, chief eaglebear

• Matts Auto
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Feb 2019 19:52 #26744 by Matts Auto
Replied by Matts Auto on topic 03 trailblazer 4.2L abs or transfer case issue ?
Thanks chief for response. Thanks Tyler for your input. Customer picked up vehicle gonna drive for the weekend n see if it will occur again. I kinda of hope it gets worse so he'll bring it back so I can diagnose this one. I guess I like a challenge. Sounds like electrical issue to me? I was thinking bad wire somewhere but never got it to act up for me today. Never seen this one before. Intermittent problems can be annoying

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds