Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

12 grand caravan

More
5 years 1 month ago #26717 by MCardoso
12 grand caravan was created by MCardoso
I have a 12 Grand Caravan with the 3.6l. I have a hard time starting it only when its cold below 35 degrees. When its warm fires right up. When its cold it takes sometimes 6 crank cycles to start. I checked the tipm and diagnosed it with a bad tipm for the fuel pump relay. I currently have it jumped to another relay to start the car. This has been going on for a few months now. My wife is on my ass now to fix it properly. Any ideas where to go from here? I know fix the tipm problem first and see if it fixes it. I dont think thats the only problem though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26718 by MCardoso
Replied by MCardoso on topic 12 grand caravan
No dtc's are appearing when the van is running.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26721 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic 12 grand caravan
idle problems are probably exaserbated by cold weather I know I live in Alaska seems like I would check idle air control system apart from that a current measurement of fuel pump draw might give direction but those tipms and the relays putting fuel circuit back together seems like a start I don't have experience with tipm apart from getting my ass kicked the computer might need that relay power input maybe !?

More
5 years 1 month ago #26730 by Rev Scott
Replied by Rev Scott on topic 12 grand caravan
They make a relay kit for that TIPM, so you can isolate the internal relay and then install a remote relay in its place.

Here’s a video for the same setup on a Ram truck. I’ve done this repair on a 2012 Grand Caravan and the directions worked perfectly, even though Dodge wouldn’t sell me the kit (I just made my own).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, MCardoso

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds